TTIGF 2018 was held on Friday 26th January, 2018 at the Trinidad and Tobago Chamber of Industry and Commerce, with online participation available for those unable to attend at the venue.
The TTIGF 2018 theme was “Shape Your Digital Future” in keeping with the International Internet Governance Forum 2017.
The TTIGF 2018 Agenda featured Mr. Shola Taylor, Secretary General, Commonwealth Telecommunications Organisation (CTO) as a keynote speaker and and three panel sessions :
- Digital Financial Services
- Gender Activism Online
plus an open forum.
You can watch the TTIGF 2018 event on YouTube and look at the TTIGF 2018 photos.
Thanks to everyone who attended and participated in our Trinidad and Tobago Internet Governance Forum (TTIGF) 2017 held on January 26th, 2017 from 9AM to 1 PM at the Marriott Courtyard in Port of Spain.
The TTIGF 2017 Agenda featured a panel discussion with
- Moderator: Mr. Mark Lyndersay – Writer and Photographer, Lyndersay Digital
- Dr. Kim Mallalieu – Senior Lecturer, Department of Electrical & Computer Engineering, University of the West Indies (UWI)
- Mr. Kurleigh Prescod – Chairman, Trinidad & Tobago Internet Exchange Co. Limited (TTIX)
- Mr. Kirk Sookram – Executive Officer, Technical Services and Development, Telecommunications Authority of Trinidad and Tobago (TATT)
- Professor Patrick Hosein – Director, Trinidad and Tobago Multistakeholder Advisory Group (TTMAG)
on the theme “The Role of the Internet and the Digital Economy in the Sustainable Development of Trinidad and Tobago” and an open forum where participants (in the room and remotely) discussed policy issues related to key elements of Internet governance issues, such as the Internet’s sustainability, robustness, security, stability, access and development.
You can watch the TTIGF 2017 event on YouTube , look at the TTIGF 2017 photos and read the TTIGF 2017 meeting summary report (PDF ; 300K).
The TTIGF 2017 was hosted by the Trinidad and Tobago Multistakeholder Advisory Group
in partnership with:
IEEE Trinidad and Tobago Section
Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN)
Internet Governance Forum Support Association (IGFSA)
Internet Society Trinidad and Tobago Chapter (ISOC-TT)
Trinidad and Tobago Coalition of Services Industries (TTCSI)
Trinidad and Tobago Computer Society (TTCS)
Trinidad & Tobago Internet Exchange Limited (TTIX)
Trinidad and Tobago Network Information Centre (TTNIC)
If you have any questions or feedback about the TTIGF, please email [email protected]