Trinidad and Tobago Internet Governance Forum (TTIGF 2018)
Thanks to everyone who attended and participated in our second annual Trinidad and Tobago Internet Governance Forum (TTIGF). TTIGF 2018 was held on Friday 26th January, 2018 at the Trinidad and Tobago Chamber of Industry and Commerce, with online participation available for those unable to attend at the venue.
The TTIGF 2018 theme was “Shape Your Digital Future” in keeping with the International Internet Governance Forum 2017.
- Digital Financial Services
- Gender Activism Online
plus an open forum.
About the IGF
The Internet Governance Forum (IGF) is an opportunity for multi-stakeholder dialogue on public policy issues related to key elements of Internet governance, such as the Internet’s sustainability, robustness, security, stability, access and development.
The IGF was first convened in 2006 by the United Nations Secretary-General in Athens, Greece. Since then, the IGF has grown, with local and regional IGF meetings taking place all over the world to discuss issues of local relevance, as well as to provide inputs for the global IGF. Trinidad and Tobago has been involved in the IGF from inception, with locals playing major roles in its conception, as well as in the creation, facilitation and moderation of sessions.
At this year’s TTIGF, we aim to continue the mandate of the United Nations Secretary-General, to:
- maximize the opportunity for open, inclusive dialogue and the exchange of ideas on Internet governance (IG) related issues;
- create opportunities to share best practices and experiences;
- identify emerging issues and bring them to the attention of the relevant bodies and the general public;
- contribute to capacity building for Internet governance;
- facilitate inclusive, productive discussions on Internet-related public policy issues from a general perspective, while keeping all stakeholders involved.
The IGF is valued as a resource for networking with peers, a forum for sharing information and experiences and “a non-judgmental venue for members to openly discuss their challenges and perspectives.”
Connect with us
Connect with us to stay updated on Topics, Speakers and much mo
If you have any questions regarding the Trinidad and Tobago Internet Governance Forum (TTIGF) on please email email@example.com.
Previous TTIGF events
You can also check out highlights from the TTIGF 2017, including full video coverage of the sessions, the official report and photos from the day.
TTIGF 2018 is hosted by the Trinidad and Tobago Multistakeholder Advisory Group:
The TTMAG is pleased to have the support of the following partners: