Trinidad and Tobago Internet Governance Forum (TTIGF 2019) http://ttigf2019.igf.tt/
Save the date! The third annual Trinidad and Tobago Internet Governance Forum (TTIGF ; http://igf.tt/) will be held on Friday 25th January 2019 from 9am to 5pm at the Trinidad and Tobago Chamber of Industry and Commerce, Columbus Circle, Westmoorings, Trinidad with online participation available for those unable to attend at the venue.
Visit the full http://ttigf2019.igf.tt/ with details on the panel sessions and HOW to register for free to attend!
About the IGF
The Internet Governance Forum (IGF) is an opportunity for multi-stakeholder dialogue on public policy issues related to key elements of Internet governance, such as the Internet’s sustainability, robustness, security, stability, access and development.
The IGF was first convened in 2006 by the United Nations Secretary-General in Athens, Greece. Since then, the IGF has grown, with local and regional IGF meetings taking place all over the world to discuss issues of local relevance, as well as to provide inputs for the global IGF. Trinidad and Tobago has been involved in the IGF from inception, with locals playing major roles in its conception, as well as in the creation, facilitation and moderation of sessions.
The TTMAG aims to continue the mandate of the United Nations Secretary-General, to:
- maximize the opportunity for open, inclusive dialogue and the exchange of ideas on Internet governance (IG) related issues;
- create opportunities to share best practices and experiences;
- identify emerging issues and bring them to the attention of the relevant bodies and the general public;
- contribute to capacity building for Internet governance;
- facilitate inclusive, productive discussions on Internet-related public policy issues from a general perspective, while keeping all stakeholders involved.
The IGF is valued as a resource for networking with peers, a forum for sharing information and experiences and “a non-judgmental venue for members to openly discuss their challenges and perspectives.”
Previous TTIGF events
See the TTIGF 2018 page, including full video coverage of the sessions, the official report and photos from the day.
You can also check out highlights from the TTIGF 2017, including full video coverage of the sessions, the official report and photos from the day.