The fourth annual Trinidad and Tobago Internet Governance Forum (TTIGF) was on Friday January 31 2020 at the Naparima College Auditorium, San Fernando from 9am to 5pm. The theme of TTIGF2020 was “The Internet & YOU: Ensuring the Internet’s future”.
TTIGF 2020 featured two panel sessions, a youth-led Collaborative Exchange on “The Future of the Internet” and an Open Forum.
- Vint Cerf, Chief Internet Evangelist, Google
- Anriette Esterhuysen, Chair, United Nations Internet Governance Forum’s Multistakeholder Advisory Group
- Senator the Honourable Allyson West, Minister of Public Administration, Ministry of Public Administration
Panel Session : Fake News & its Impact on You
- Shernon Osepa, Manager, Regional Affairs for Latin America & The Caribbean Bureau, Internet Society (ISOC)
- Mark Lyndersay, Editor, TechNewsTT and Opinion Leader Columnist, Newsday
- Daniel Hernandez, Head, Cyber & Social Media Unit, Trinidad and Tobago Police Service
- Asha Javeed, Senior Multimedia Investigative Journalist, Caribbean Communications Network
- Anita Sohan, Director, TTMAG (Moderator)
Youth-Led Collaborative Exchange Topics
- The GOOD, the BAD and the POTENTIAL of Online Communities
- Big Tech
- Internet Pollution
- Encrypting Data
- I.T for Clean Energy
- Social Media and You
Panel Session : Data Hosting: Locally or Internationally?
- Ian C. Galt, General Manager – Enterprise Services, Telecommunications Services of Trinidad & Tobago Limited
- Darren Mohammed, Corporate Business Manager for the Caribbean and Country Representative, Microsoft Trinidad
- Keenan Singh, Chief Executive Officer, Air Link Networks
- George Gobin, Director, TTMAG (moderator)
Watch the TTIGF 2020 event on YouTube and can read the
TTIGF 2020 report.